Saturday, 12 December 2009

The Details - Surface and Below




[1]






Our environment reflects us.  I take great inspiration from the hidden details and caught moments of the world around me.  


What is there?  How do I see it?  How do I catch it?  How does it speak to me?


Like with dreams and the dreamer, photographs speak about the photographer -- the hidden subject.  The interpreter only sees what you show them.[2]






Spaces:













Caught:















[1] All 'still life' photos by Rae Mearkle
[2] Design by Rae Mearkle Photo by Simon B Armitt

2 comments:

Sandra Blakely said...

Hi Rae! Great move. You and I share an interest in architecture. Love the shots! Especially love the old and the new simultaneously. It is indeed a reflection of our human condition. Where would I be if I actually bought food and medicines and did not have a computer!!!

Eliana Tomás said...

Great shots Rae. There's so much in them all. Building, rebuilding, broken spaces, and continuing to rebuilding... it's all about human condition.

Past Exhibitions

Pop up Jewellery Shop -- Dialogue 9,

Jewellery for 20 Quid!, 146 Columbia Rd., London, UK

June 11-June 27. 2010


THE ROLE OF ART, Luxury Goods IX, Courtyard Theatre, London UK

April 27-May 2, 2010


FLUX, Brilliantly Birmingham, Birmingham Musem of Art, Birmingham, UK

November 2009 – February 2010


PAUSE, MA Degree Show, Sir John Cass School of Art, London Metropolitan University, London, UK

September 2009


NEW DESIGNERS, Business Design Centre , London, UK

July 7- 14, 2009



Search This Blog